Pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

My Purpose as a Missionary

1. "For the fulness of mine intent is that I may persuade men to come unto the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, and be save." 1 Nephi Ch.6, v. 4 (Pg. 12 of the Book of Mormon)

2. My missionary purpose is to "Invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." (Preach My Gospel, pg. 1)

So, if the reason I do EVERYTHING is to help others come closer to Jesus Christ, I'm fulfilling my Missionary Purpose (#2) and
following the example of Nephi as stated in #1!  I hope and pray that what I write on this blog fulfills that purpose, and helps YOU come closer to Jesus Christ. I know that as you take the steps required to come closer to Jesus Christ, you will be happier, because God is the source of all happiness.
I write these things in the sacred name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Elder Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment